Bug counts: resolved 328, assigned 9, needs-review 3
I am poking through the shop interface trying to figure out how DW::Shop::Item works and have run across the following annoyances:
* /shop/transferpoints is only linked from the site navigation menu and the site map. It also needs to be linked from the main shop page and from the gift points purchase page. Also, the transferpoints page should link to the gift points purchase page, to make it as easy as possible to move back and forth between the two (buying vs. transferring).
* The points purchase page is missing a link back to the main shop page like the account and rename purchase pages have. Also missing from transferpoints, which isn't linked from the shop page anyway (see above).
* Points can't be paid for anonymously, but they can be transferred anonymously, and accounts can be paid for anonymously. This inconsistency seems like an oversight. (Edit: this is included in bug 2854.)
That's the bad news. The good news is that it looks like item hashes are saved as a blob in the shop_carts database table, so I can just add a new key to the item hash instead of altering a table somewhere to add a column. I think that's all I have to do, unless I am missing something fundamental here.
Bug counts: resolved 318, assigned 11, needs-review 3
BML conversion cheat sheet:
|BML::self_link||LJ::create_url or LJ::page_change_getargs|
|LJ::html_text||form.textbox (see DW/Template/Plugin/FormHTML.pm)|
Bug counts: resolved 310, assigned 17, needs-review 11
Programming books read in 2010:
- Mercurial: The Definitive Guide by Bryan O'Sullivan
- Advanced Perl Programming (2nd Ed.) by Simon Cozens
- Perl Debugged by Peter Scott & Ed Wright
Programming books to read in 2011:
- Perl Best Practices by Damian Conway
- CSS: The Missing Manual (2nd Ed.) by David McFarland
- jQuery: Novice to Ninja by Earle Castledine & Craig Sharkie
- jQuery in Action by Bear Bibeault & Yehuda Katz
- The Pragmatic Programmer by Andrew Hunt & David Thomas
I'm also optimistic I'll be able to attend OSCON this summer, which will give me more opportunities to learn things (and will probably tempt me to buy even more books, heh).